Congratulations to our January/February Writing Competition finalists for the story,
'The Life Remote Control'!
Your names will be entered into the draw for the grand prize in April.
Good luck, and keep up the great work!
Well done everyone!
This month the idea is to imagine you have a remote control that can control anything you want.
You can write about anything, but here are some ideas to think about:
- Where did you get it? Was it a gift? Did you find it somewhere?
- What can you control? People? Time? Other things?
- Can it make people do funny things?
- Is it a 'normal' remote control with normal buttons, or are there special buttons that do special things?
- Does it control YOU?
- Do you use it for good, or for evil?
Here are the normal functions of a remote control to help you think of some things it can do:
Rewind = rebobinar
Fast Forward = adelantar
Play = darle al play
Stop = parar
Pause = pausa
Record = gravar
Turn Up the Volume = subir el volumen
Turn Down the Volume = bajar el volumen
Mute = silenciar
Change Channels = cambiar de canal
Turn on = encender
Turn off = apagar
Remeber to use your imaginations and have fun!
The last day to give this to your teacher is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH!
What are your New Year's resolutions for 2017?